School Counseling is...
- Supporting students with academics
- Providing emotional supports
- Goal setting and problem solving
- A resource to address a variety of student topics
- A resource for referral services to address issues beyond the scope of practice for school counselors.
School Counseling is not...
- Therapy or treatment for depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions
Mrs. Hahn (Students A-L): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Matheny (Students M-Z): email@example.com
The master schedule (teaching assignments) is arranged each year to accommodate student course requests made during spring registration. Since the schedule is designed based on student interests, changes after its creation will be limited.
Changes may be made for one of the following reasons.
Missing a period (actually missing a period number - there are 8 periods)
Student is misplaced (an IEP plan necessitates a change)
Student is missing a core class.
6th grade core classes: Humanities, math science, social studies
7th grade core classes: Integrated language arts, math, science, social studies
8th grade core classes: Integrated language arts, math, science, social studies, health
We did our best to meet the wishes of as many students as possible with course requests. However, schedules cannot be changed because students did not receive all of their requests.